Incognito Bracesat West Swindon Orthodontics
Incognito Braces - an invisible way to straighten teeth
Incognito braces are a brand of lingual or hidden braces. They are a form of fixed braces that are attached to the inside of your teeth rather than being placed on the front of your teeth. This makes them extremely discreet and practically invisible to everyone else.
Just like traditional fixed braces, Incognito braces can help to:
- Create space for crowded teeth
- Correct protruding teeth
- Close gaps in your teeth
- Straighten crooked teeth
- Fix different problems with bite including open, cross, under and overbites
How does it work?
Incognito braces are made up of gold brackets that are cemented on to the back of your teeth for the duration of your orthodontic treatment and are connected with wire. The wires are attached to the brackets using tiny invisible elastics. Incognito braces just like fixed braces have the advantage of straightening teeth very precisely but are popular with adult private patients as they can’t be seen by other people.
Find out more by booking a free patient assessment with our patient coordinator or you can book a consultation with our knowledgeable orthodontists for £75.
Benefits of Incognito Braces in West Swindon
More patients throughout West Swindon and Wiltshire are choosing Incognito braces to straighten teeth because:
- Incognito braces are very discreet. They are fixed to the inside of your teeth, facing towards your tongue, so most people won’t be able to see that you are having your teeth straightened
- Just like traditional fixed braces, Incognito braces can correct mild and severe orthodontic cases extremely precisely
- Incognito braces are completely custom made to fit your mouth and your teeth. The wire is shaped using a robot and ensures absolute precision in your treatment
- The fact that they are custom-made braces combined with gentle pressure means there should be no discomfort whilst wearing this brace
- Sometimes with fixed braces discolouration or white spots can occur when teeth are being straightened. With Incognito braces, any discolouration will be on the inside of your teeth rather than the outside
Frequently asked questions about Incognito Braces
Is everyone able to wear Incognito braces?
Most adults and teenagers can wear Incognito braces to straighten teeth. Very occasionally patients with an extreme overbite may not be able to wear Incognito braces because their bite causes too much pressure on the back of the teeth increasing the risk of the brackets to fall off. Our expert orthodontists will assess your teeth and your orthodontic case before starting any treatment to ensure that you can wear this type of dental brace and to ensure that it is suitable for you.
Will Incognito braces affect my speech?
Some patients notice in the early days of wearing their Incognito braces that there is a slight change in their speech. Any form of dental brace, whether a fixed brace or clear aligners will usually have some impact on your speech for the first day or two. This generally rectifies after a few days of wearing your braces as your tongue and your mouth adapt to wearing your braces.
Do Incognito braces hurt?
Whilst traditional fixed braces can sometimes cause irritation to the cheeks and lips as the brace comes into contact with these areas, Incognito braces can sometimes cause irritation to the tongue as the brackets face inwards. If this happens, it is usually on the first few days of wearing your new brace. Any discomfort should quickly wear off as your mouth adjusts.